[Box Backup] Re: bbackupquery and german umlauts

Chris Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Sun Sep 23 12:05:30 BST 2007

Hi Magnus,

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007, Magnus Homann wrote:

>>  I think I remember that Martin discovered that editline is broken for
>>  international characters a while back. Of course, editline should be
>>  fixed, but I don't know who has time to do it.
>
> Yes, I also reported same error for the (unoffical) Ubuntu build a while
> back. Is the bug in editline?

It looks like it to me. It seems to disappear if you build Box without
editline support. Also I tested the editline example program "fileman"
(from libedit-20070831-2.10.tar.gz) and I coulnd't enter any special
characters with AltGr (e.g. AltGr+a), whereas I can in "cat" and in a
readline-enabled bash.