[Box Backup] [Box Backup-commit] COMMIT r1858 - box/chris/win32/releases (fwd)

Chris Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Sep 25 20:52:21 BST 2007

Hi Pete,

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007, Peter Jalajas, TebucoSafe Backups wrote:

> What I envision is that the first service would run (perhaps for many
> hours), backing up the files to the first server store, and then somehow
> the second service would then be triggered to start backing up the files
> to the second server store.  Do you see a way of using the various
> bbackupd.conf file and/or bbackupctl options (documented or otherwise)
> to implement such a serial backup process?

It's not documented yet, but it can be done. Start the first service and
leave the second not started. Write a batch file or VBS script or cygwin
shell script to start the second service. Call that from the NotifyScript
when it receives the "backup-finish" message.

You can also interlock the two services by using their backup-start and
backup-finish messages to create and delete a shared lockfile, and use the
SyncAllowScript to prevent one from syncing while the other is syncing,
i.e. while the lockfile is owned by the other process.

> Thanks again, Chris.  This is awesome.

You're welcome, hope it works.