[Box Backup] Nice statistics.

Chris Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Apr 3 23:32:59 BST 2008

Hi Kenny,

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008, Kenny Millington wrote:

> > Not completely related to the script, but can you tell me what '113182
> > file(s) were synchronised.' means? Something like 'checked and up to
> > date' ? And I find '102400.0Mb' slightly hard to read (output of
> > bbackupquery status i think). 100GB would be better.
>
> Correct on both counts (I think - if not I assume someone will jump in
> and correct me quite quickly):-
>
> Synchronised files are ones which were checked and found to be up to
> date.

Synchronised means that they are now up to date on the store. Either they
were uploaded, or they had not changed since the last upload, but in
either case the latest version is backed up and protected on the server.

> The 102400.0Mb figure is pulled directly from bbackupquery so any
> changes to that outputting in GB should be directed at that application.
>
> *poke Chris* ;-)

Fixed in trunk :-) Will be in 0.11. New output looks like this:

$ bbstoreaccounts -c testfiles/bbstored.conf info 1234567
          Account ID: 0x01234567
      Last object ID: 0x1d
                Used:         71 blocks,  142.00 kB,   3% |                |
           Old files:          0 blocks,    0.00  B,   0% |                |
       Deleted files:          0 blocks,    0.00  B,   0% |                |
         Directories:         24 blocks,   48.00 kB,   1% |                |
          Soft limit:       1000 blocks,    1.95 MB,  50% |********        |
          Hard limit:       2000 blocks,    3.91 MB, 100% |****************|
 Client store marker: 29

$ bbackupquery -c testfiles/bbackupd.conf -q usage quit
                Used:         71 blocks,  142.00 kB,   3% |                |
           Old files:          0 blocks,    0.00  B,   0% |                |
       Deleted files:          0 blocks,    0.00  B,   0% |                |
         Directories:         24 blocks,   48.00 kB,   1% |                |
          Soft limit:       1000 blocks,    1.95 MB,  50% |********        |
          Hard limit:       2000 blocks,    3.91 MB, 100% |****************|

(I hope my mail client doesn't wrap the fine ascii art :-)

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |