[Box Backup] Connection fails during backup to remote server

Chris Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Sun Apr 13 16:32:17 BST 2008

Hi Matt,

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008, Matt Brown wrote:

> >First of all, this looks like a classic SSL timeout. Did you enable the
> >SslKeepAliveTime option in your client config? If not, don't do it yet,
> >it would be helpful to debug the other issue first:
>
> I dont think so, is this an option at compile time ? or a setting in the
> bbackupd.conf ?

bbackupd.conf.

> > >(Connection TLSWriteFailed (Probably a network issue between client and
> > >server.) 7/33), reset state and waiting to retry...
> > >Apr 13 15:59:20 orion Backup (bbackupd)[10407]: NOTICE: File statistics:
> > >total
> > >file size uploaded 127939748, bytes already on server 0, encoded size
> > >70796099
> >
> >Did the client retry after this (about 100 seconds later) or not?
>
> It didn't appear to (where would I have seen this happen ?)

In the client logs, about 100 seconds after "reset state and waiting to
retry", you should at least see another message from bbackupd procesds
10407. If not, is that process still running? Could you attach strace to
it to see what it's doing?

Could you also try running bbackupd from the command line with -DVT and
see what it outputs after it prints "reset state and waiting to retry"?

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |