[Box Backup] Connection fails during backup to remote server *Resolved*

Chris Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Apr 25 20:00:17 BST 2008

Hi Matt,

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, Matt Brown wrote:

> The patch is working great for me ...

Great, many thanks for testing!

> The server and store have now fully sync'd but here was an example from
> earlier this week which caused a few retry events...

Thanks, this showed me that there was a small bug in the patcg: after an
error, it retried after exactly ten seconds, instead of approximately 100
seconds as it should have. I think I've fixed that now.

I assume that the multiple Conn_Protocol_UnexpectedReply errors after the
disconnection are because the store thinks that the client is still logged
in, and therefore the account is write-locked and the client can't log in
again. There's not enough debugging code to verify that assumption, so I'm
adding more now.

I'm still surprised that you're being disconnected when you have
KeepAliveTime enabled. Would it be possible for you to run the client or
server with ExtendedLogging enabled for a bit, so that we can check
whether KeepAlive messages are actually being sent, and at the right
intervals?

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |