[Box Backup] Connection fails during backup to remote server *Resolved*

Chris Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Apr 25 23:15:20 BST 2008

Hi Matt,

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, Matt Brown wrote:

> Happy to try the new code if you like.

If you could test RC3 for me when it comes out (hopefully in a few days)
that would be fantastic, and a much better use of your time :-)

> >I'm still surprised that you're being disconnected when you have
> >KeepAliveTime enabled. Would it be possible for you to run the client
> >or server with ExtendedLogging enabled for a bit, so that we can check
> >whether KeepAlive messages are actually being sent, and at the right
> >intervals?
>
> I don't think I enabled it, as I thought you wished me to continue with
> it off to see the behavior ? I could be wrong tho :-)

Sorry, I forgot about that. Please could you check whether it's enabled
for me?

> I can switch it on if that helps ?

Yes please, enable it and keep an eye out for repeats of the problem if
you don't mind.

Your assistance has been fantastic, thanks again!

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |