[Box Backup] Debian Etch tarball install HowTo complete

Dave Bamford boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Apr 28 12:33:00 BST 2008

Hi Sean

This will be really useful I have set up a server on 3 Debian Etch systems
now and have a small howto of my own but have never been able to get
readline to work "enable-gnu-readline" was probably where I went wrong.

I usually set up Raid 1 on the OS first using mdadm and format as jfs so
Box does not use its own raid. Not sure about the pros and cons of this.

I install the OS on one drive and use 2 drives in Raid 1 for the store, now
using 750G SATA as best price per gig.

I got stuck trying to install the os and he store with Raid, there are a few
howtos on the web but not easy to follow.

Thanks

Dave Bamford