[Box Backup] Re: client connection error

Chris Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Apr 29 02:10:25 BST 2008

Hi Sean,

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008, admin at vancocomputing.net wrote:

> It looks like it uploaded just fine. I really don't understand why the
> backup didn't start the first several times until you had me run the
> daemon with the -DVT options. It seems to be working fine (I've confirmed
> new data on the bbstored server).

I don't know either. It's a shame that we can't reproduce it. Please keep
an eye on your backups and run a compare command regularly, and let me
know if it appears to stop backing up for any reason.

Do you have logs from the early runs which should have backed things up
but didn't?

> Yes, I've gotten several lines with "Notifying admin" for start, finish
> and failures, but I've only ever received one e-mail. That time was this
> morning when I first attempted a backup.

You don't get emails for backup-start and backup-finish by default, only
for errors.

If you run the command shown in those log lines (for a failure), do you
get an email as expected? If not, what output do you get and what's in
your mail server logs?

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |