[Box Backup] spaces (and other ugliness) in Exclude paths

Chris Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Apr 29 21:11:22 BST 2008

Hi Brent and James,

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008, James O'Gorman wrote:

> Brent Saner wrote:
>
> > 1        foo
> > 2        {
> > 3                Path = /foo/bar/foobar
> > 4                ExcludeDir = /foo/bar/foobar/fobz/"TWO words"
> > 5        }
>
> Had you tried it just as:
> 	ExcludeDir = /foo/bar/foobar/fobz/TWO words
>
> I'm not sure if that would work or not.

My understanding is that it should work. Box Backup treats everything from
the equals sign to the end of the line, with white space at the beginning
and end trimmed off, as the configuration value. No escaping is supported.
In practice, that should not be a problem unless you have a newline in
your file name :-)

Brent, please let us know if that doesn't work and I'll investigate.

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |