[Box Backup] Restoring a corrupted archive?

Magnus Homann boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Apr 30 10:58:05 BST 2008

Chris Wilson wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, Magnus Homann wrote:

>> Is there a way to restore just 'missing' files as reported by "compare
>> -aq", or do I have to delete the entire set of files I have still left,
>> and do a complete restore?
>
> You could generate a list of bbackupquery commands from the compare output
> with sed.

I go for the (re)move of the remaining files.

>> The documentation.txt is a bit unclear what "restore -d" does.
>
> Yes, sorry, it was discussed here on the mailing list this month, I
> think, please check the archives.

Read it, and did not understand. :-)

Got a TransformFailed(6/4) when restoring. I guess that can due to a
file that is partly rsynced from a crashing local machine to a remote
storage?

I read that I should find the file in the archive and remove it, is that
the right solution?

--
Magnus Homann