[Box Backup] Snapshot restores

Jonathan Yoder boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Aug 6 16:46:29 BST 2008

Hi,

Of all the backup systems I've evaluated (and tried) so far (Bacula,
BackupPC, rdiff-backup, Amanda, rsync, BoxBackup), I've been most
impressed with BoxBackup.  Encrypted storage, userland RAID, and storing
only the diffs on incremental backups are all important to us.  I'm
currently using rsync with some scripts I developed.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't find a way to restore an old
snapshot completely (yet) without manually finding each file and typing
in the number.  This feature, if it's added, would be the icing on the
cake that would persuade us to abandon our complicated rsync scripts.
Is this in the plans for BoxBackup?  I would love to help test, even if
I need to check out from SVN and compile...

All the best,

--
Jonathan Yoder, Lead Software Developer
Smart Choice  Computer Solutions, LLC