[Box Backup] Deleted files / Old files

Chris Wilson boxbackup at boxbackup.org
Thu Aug 28 08:46:42 BST 2008

Hi Tom,

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008, Tom Albers wrote:

> > Housekeeping requires an exclusive lock and will not run on the
> > account while it's locked by a connected client such as bbackupd.
>
> So, any tricks how to do this gracefully? I mean shooting the client
> while it might be in the middle of a 4GB upload does not sound very sane
> to me. Restarting the server has the same problem... How often does the
> HK try to get a lock? Like every 10 minutes or something? And any idea
> how much time there is between the client finishing and starting again?

Let the client upload until it hits the hard limit. At that point it will
stop uploading new files, and should finish soon after. Make sure the
TimeBetweenHousekeeping is less than the UpdateStoreInterval, and
housekeeping should run before the client connects again to try uploading
more files.

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |