[Box Backup] Troubleshooting a 0.10

Chris Wilson boxbackup at boxbackup.org
Fri Aug 29 18:59:02 BST 2008

Hi Damien,

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008, Damien B wrote:

> for stability reasons, I would prefer to run a boxbackup 0.10 over the
> 0.11. Unfortunately I have a problem where most of the folders are not
> backed up, and the troubleshooting information found in the wiki seem to
> apply only to 0.11. For instance, trying to start bbackupd with -V
> always lead to an error.
>
> I have logging for local6.* activated, I run the debug build, but
> nothing conclusive is outputted by bbackupd to announce why those
> folders are not saved; maybe it's an exclusion list problem, but I did
> the other folders to AlwaysInclude: no change.
>
> So, what is the recommend approach to diagnose such a problem with a
> 0.10?

The capability to debug include/exclude lists and reasons for file
selection was simply not present in 0.10. Would it be possible for you to
build (but not install) a copy of 0.11 on the same client and run it on
the same configuration, but with the LogAllFileAccess option enabled and
running with -V, to help identify what the problem is?

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |