[Box Backup] Unknown errors

Chris Wilson boxbackup at boxbackup.org
Thu Dec 18 23:38:47 GMT 2008

Hi Torsten,

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008, Torsten wrote:

> i use BB svn2377

On all clients and on the server?

> and i have some errors i do not unterstand. So my quesion is,
> what does the following errors mean?
>
> On Backup Server (bbstored):
>
> Exception thrown: BackupStoreException(AddedFileDoesNotVerify) at
> BackupStoreContext.cpp(573)

I think that means that the server decided that the file uploaded by the
client was corrupted. Can you give me any more information? Have you seen
this error before? Is it repeatable? What messages do you get on the
client around this time?

> Exception thrown:
> ConnectionException(Conn_Protocol_UnknownCommandRecieved) at
> autogen_BackupProtocolServer.cpp(912)

That shouldn't happen, it may be a result of the previous error or it
could indicate a bug in the client, or a version mismatch between client
and server. Does it occur in isolation, or immediately after the previous
error?

> On a different system and different account i see the following on the
> backup client:
>
> Exception thrown: ConnectionException(Conn_Protocol_UnknownCommandRecieved) at
> autogen_BackupProtocolServer.cpp(912)

Are you sure that error is on the client and not on the server? Were there
any errors before it?

> ERROR: Internal error during backup run: basic_string::substr

This is very unusual. Is that on the client or the server? (I guess on the
client). Are there any preceding errors? Is it possible that the client
ran out of memory? Can you reproduce it?

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | Stop nuclear war http://www.nuclearrisk.org |