[Box Backup] Manually deleting files

Oli boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 12:27:42 GMT 2008

Hi Chris,

<snip>

> Box Backup 0.11 (rc1) will do a backup run and delete excluded files even
> if the store is full (or at least it should, please let me know if it
> doesn't).

Bad form posting over myself, I know, but just found something out which
might be relevant:

In case it wanted to delete excluded files AFTER the backup run, I tried
commenting out all my servers config and try a run.  I got this:

Feb 11 12:12:44 io Box Backup (bbackupd)[26904]: NOTICE: 4 redundant
locations in root directory found, wi
ll delete from store after 172800 seconds.
Feb 11 12:12:44 io Box Backup (bbackupd)[26904]: Unused location in
root: earth
Feb 11 12:12:44 io Box Backup (bbackupd)[26904]: Unused location in
root: venus
Feb 11 12:12:44 io Box Backup (bbackupd)[26904]: Unused location in
root: firewalls
Feb 11 12:12:44 io Box Backup (bbackupd)[26904]: Unused location in
root: jupiter
Feb 11 12:12:44 io Box Backup (bbackupd)[26904]: Not deleting unused
entries - too early (172799 seconds r
emaining)

Which kinda gives me another way out - I can comment 'earth' and have it
delete it from the store, then put it back in to make it back it up
again.  Obviously this is a long way from ideal - That'll copy around 200Mb

But it's only a solution if I don't have to wait 172799 seconds - ~50
hours.  Can't see anywhere to change this :-(

So it notices the lack of dir, but not the excludes.  I've checked
syntax again and paths relative the onsite backup - all correct...

<snip>

Cheers,
-Oli

--
Oli Comber
Systems Developer

4-10 Barttelot Rd   Horsham   West Sussex   RH12 1DQ
M: +44 (0)77255 82405   T: +44 (0)870 881 5097   F: +44 (0)870 116 0793

3aIT Limited is a company registered in England and Wales.
CoReg: 3866698   VATReg: 771388600

Visit www.3aIT.co.uk for Design, Systems, Support

Disclaimer:
The information contained within this email is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or distribution of
this email is prohibited and may be unlawful. The content of this email
represents the views of the individual and not necessarily 3aIT Limited.
 3aIT Limited reserves the right to monitor the content of all emails in
accordance with lawful business practice. Whilst every effort is made to
ensure that attachments are free from computer viruses before
transmission, 3aIT Limited does not accept any liability in respect of
any virus that is not detected.
3aIT Limited