[Box Backup] BB not transfering all files/directories

Benedikt Niessen boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Feb 20 07:35:18 GMT 2008

Hi,
After my first backup I checked the result to see if it worked. But
seems not. I ran the sync-command several times and the Client Store
Marker is changed from 0 to some other value, so seems it is finished.

This is my configuration for the paths to backup, but e.g. /usr/local is
not complete, /home is emtpy, the jailsfiles are empty... For me it
looks like a permission problem.

The service is running as _bbstored but I ran the bbackupctl -c ... sync
as root. So what can/do I have to change to give the service all needed
permissions?

BackupLocations
{
         etc
         {
                 Path = /etc
         }
         root
         {
                 Path = /root
         }
         boot
         {
                 Path = /boot
         }
         usrlocal
         {
                 Path = /usr/local
         }
         home
         {
                 Path = /home
         }
         databackup
         {
                 Path = /data/backup
         }
         jailsfiles
	{
                 Path = /data/jails/_files
         }
         jailsflavour
         {
                 Path = /data/jails/flavours
         }
}

Thanks for your help or any hint. Do I have to add _bbstored to the same
group or sth?