[Box Backup] Possible date bug?

Timothy Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Sat Feb 23 23:59:30 GMT 2008

Hello Chris,

I appreciate you taking the time to ask Ben. Out of curiosity, what is
the best way to determine how recent a backup is? I mean, even if it's
something like just ls -l on the backup directory in the shell, as
long as it give me an idea.

Or is it just better to view the logs, to see what's failing (if
anything). The reason I'm concerned is that I use boxbackup with
remote sites, and the internet lines here in Australia varies from
almost reliable to pathetic, so my current system of rsyncing
directories with a cronjob often fails silently.

I feel 98% confident that every machine I have on box (currently about
6, with more to come) can recover fully from a disaster, so this is a
huge improvement from my current system. But that last 2% would be to
know exactly when a backup occurred (or didn't).

But if it's all in the logs, I'll go about reading them each morning :)

All the best,
Timothy.