[Box Backup] Status of Boxi

Victor Meirans boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Jan 10 11:52:38 GMT 2008

Hello Chris,

What I did: Downloaded Cygwin along with all necessary packages from
their website, downloaded and compiled xwMSW distribution from it, tried
to compile Boxi v0.1.0 and got the following error:

Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/boxi/src'
if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..
-I/usr/local/lib/wx/include/msw-ansi-release
-2.8 -I/usr/local/include/wx-2.8 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES
-DWXUSING
DLL -D__WXMSW__  -I../boxbackup/lib/common
-I../boxbackup/lib/backupclient -I../
boxbackup/lib/server -I../include   -DPLATFORM_CYGWIN -DPLATFORM_GCC3
-Wall -g
-MT boxi-ClientConnection.o -MD -MP -MF
".deps/boxi-ClientConnection.Tpo" -c -o
boxi-ClientConnection.o `test -f 'ClientConnection.cc' || echo
'./'`ClientConnection.cc; \
         then mv -f ".deps/boxi-ClientConnection.Tpo"
".deps/boxi-ClientConnection.Po"; else rm -f
".deps/boxi-ClientConnection.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
ClientConnection.cc: In member function `bool
ClientConnection::GetClientBinaryPath(wxString&)':
ClientConnection.cc:425: error: 'class wxPathList' has no member named
'GetFirst'
make[2]: *** [boxi-ClientConnection.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/boxi/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/boxi'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Should I try to compile it on Cygwin MinGW or just stick to that pre-pre
beta of v0.1.1? Which one is more stable?

With best wishes,

--
ViC