[Box Backup] SSL raw key

Bertram Scharpf boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Jan 23 12:40:51 GMT 2008

Hi,

this is rather a SSL question but it came up when configuring
boxbackup. I may ask here.

The config script says:

  1) Make a backup of /etc/box/bbackupd/51-FileEncKeys.raw
     This should be a secure offsite backup.
     Without it, you cannot restore backups. Everything else can
     be replaced. But this cannot.

As far as I understand I can rebuild the SSL private and
public keys using the raw random data in "N-FileEncKeys.raw".
In case even this is wrong, please tell me how to start to
"replace everything else".

In case it applies please show me how I can reconstruct the
*.pem files.

A short hint to a manpage or an online document will suffice.

Thanks in advance,

Bertram

--
Bertram Scharpf