[Box Backup] Re: Announcing 0.11 Release Candidate 1

Chris Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Jan 23 19:19:44 GMT 2008

Hi Reinhard,

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008, Reinhard Tartler wrote:

> Chris Wilson <chris at qwirx.com> writes:
>
> > I'd really appreciate it if you'd consider testing the release candidate
> > for us.
>
> I did upload that version of boxbackup to debian/experimental. As usual,
> the testsuite is running on the buildds. You can see the results of the
> testsuite here:
>
> http://experimental.debian.net/build.php?pkg=boxbackup
>
> Short: There as some failures, however I'm not sure if they are real
> problems, or problems with the buildds. Please tell me if there is
> something I can do to make it more easy for developers to understand
> these failures.

Thanks very much for doing this! It does indeed point to a number of
problems that I would like to debug before releasing 0.11.

The main thing is that I need to be able to reproduce them. For example,
the armel platform has some very surprising and confusing failures which I
have never seen before on any platform, and some which I thought I had
already fixed. But I don't know how to reproduce such a platform for
testing and debugging.

Is it possible to find out how these buildds work? E.g. are they running
under qemu or some other emulator, or do you have a real little-endian ARM
box to run them on? Is it possible to run them under an emulator? Is a
pre-built image available for download for testing?

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |