[Box Backup] Announcing 0.11 Release Candidate 1

James O'Gorman boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Jan 28 22:56:27 GMT 2008

Hi Eric,

Just a quick note on a few points:

On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 04:37:27PM -0500, Eric Cronin wrote:
>  Notes on the port:
>
>  configure still thinks its version 0.10:
>  	`configure' configures Box Backup 0.10 to adapt to many kinds of systems.
>
>  The install procedure is unaware of $DESTDIR, used for package-building
>
>  bin/bbackupd/bbackupd-config.in and bin/bbstored/bbstored-config.in still
>  have '/usr/local' instead of $prefix hard-coded in

I assume you mean the bit printed out to the user in the "What you need
to do now..." bit? I hadn't noticed that actually, so I'll take a look
at fixing that. (Should just be a matter of swapping /usr/local with
@prefix@ I think.)

>  infrastructure/makedistribution.pl doesn't grab the perl path from configure
>
>  Despite what ./configure says, paths like /etc/box and /var/bbackupd are
>  still hard-coded into headers and such (sometimes only in comments/help
>  info, but still confusing).

I'm not sure how similar MacPorts are to FreeBSD ports, but if they are
closely-related, you may wish to look at my FreeBSD port as I "fix" some
of these locally in the port (specifically PREFIX-related issues such as
/etc/box).

The current working version is in our svn tree here:

http://www.boxbackup.org/trac/browser/box/james/FreeBSD

>  parcels/scripts/install-backup-client is getting a fifth line in it of
>  format "install dir" (e.g. no file to be installed is there) which errors
>  out the script.  Right now I'm manually deleting it doing "port patch; vi
>  work/*/parcels/scripts/install-backup-client; port install" instead of just
>  port install.

I believe Chris fixed this with r2034 in trunk.

James