[Box Backup] Announcing 0.11 Release Candidate 1

Eric Cronin boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Jan 28 23:58:48 GMT 2008

--Apple-Mail-14--80770479

On Jan 28, 2008, at 5:56 PM, James O'Gorman wrote:

>> infrastructure/makedistribution.pl doesn't grab the perl path from
>> configure
>>
>> Despite what ./configure says, paths like /etc/box and /var/
>> bbackupd are
>> still hard-coded into headers and such (sometimes only in comments/
>> help
>> info, but still confusing).
>
> I'm not sure how similar MacPorts are to FreeBSD ports, but if they
> are
> closely-related, you may wish to look at my FreeBSD port as I "fix"
> some
> of these locally in the port (specifically PREFIX-related issues
> such as
> /etc/box).
>
> The current working version is in our svn tree here:
>
> http://www.boxbackup.org/trac/browser/box/james/FreeBSD

Aha, cool.  The original MacPorts portfile was pretty much a straight
port of FreeBSD's I believe, so I'll try to keep them synched up.  The
biggest difference between MacPorts and fbsd is that, like open,
destrooting is mandatory as we don't use port-provided plists...

Looking over the freebsd port reminds me of another question I had:
what is BDB used for and should I put a knob for it in to the
portfile?  The wiki doesn't list it as a required package and my quick
search couldn't turn up what it was used for.

I also added a test target to the Portfile just now...

Thanks,
Eric

--Apple-Mail-14--80770479
	name=PGP.sig