[Box Backup] Announcing 0.11 Release Candidate 2

Chris Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Jan 29 08:52:15 GMT 2008

Hi Eric,

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008, Eric Cronin wrote:

> More assorted nits:
>
> * LICENSE.txt probably shouldn't go in bin/:
>
>   /opt/local/var/macports/software/boxbackup/0.11rc2_0/opt/local/bin:
>   LICENSE.txt*     bbackupd*        bbackupquery*
>   bbackupctl*      bbackupd-config*

What would be a good autoconfed location for it? According to this page:

  http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/make/make_126.html

there doesn't seem to be a good standard location for docs.
@datadir@/doc/boxbackup would expand to /usr/local/share/doc/boxbackup on
Linux, but always appending /doc/boxbackup makes for inconvenient paths on
other systems.

> * Thoughts on providing generated html in documentation/html so docbook
>   doesnt need to be installed to get local documentation?

I want to do it, but haven't had time yet :-) Sorry, I should really have
waited to get this in before releasing RC2.

> Other than that it looks good.  I was able to replace all the earlier
> seds on individual files with two to configure.

These two?

> reinplace "s|sysconfdir='/etc'||g" ${worksrcpath}/configure
> reinplace "s|localstatedir='/var/run'||g" ${worksrcpath}/configure

Why do you need to remove them? I think it would be better to set these by
passing args to configure, e.g. --sysconfdir=/blah --localstatedir=/bar,
as in to the commented-out code below.

Cheers, Chris
\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |