[Box Backup] Announcing 0.11 Release Candidate 2

Eric Cronin boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Jan 29 15:19:38 GMT 2008

--Apple-Mail-22--25520667

On Jan 29, 2008, at 3:52 AM, Chris Wilson wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> On Mon, 28 Jan 2008, Eric Cronin wrote:
>
>> More assorted nits:
>>
>> * LICENSE.txt probably shouldn't go in bin/:
>>
>>  /opt/local/var/macports/software/boxbackup/0.11rc2_0/opt/local/bin:
>>  LICENSE.txt*     bbackupd*        bbackupquery*
>>  bbackupctl*      bbackupd-config*
>
> What would be a good autoconfed location for it? According to this
> page:
>
>  http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/make/make_126.html
>
> there doesn't seem to be a good standard location for docs.
> @datadir@/doc/boxbackup would expand to /usr/local/share/doc/
> boxbackup on
> Linux, but always appending /doc/boxbackup makes for inconvenient
> paths on
> other systems.

$prefix/share/doc/boxbackup is where it will end up on MacPorts.  This
seems to be semi-standard (e.g. /usr/local/share/doc/progname on
freebsd and a few linuxes I checked)

>> Other than that it looks good.  I was able to replace all the earlier
>> seds on individual files with two to configure.
>
> These two?
>
>> reinplace "s|sysconfdir='/etc'||g" ${worksrcpath}/configure
>> reinplace "s|localstatedir='/var/run'||g" ${worksrcpath}/configure
>
> Why do you need to remove them? I think it would be better to set
> these by
> passing args to configure, e.g. --sysconfdir=/blah --localstatedir=/
> bar,
> as in to the commented-out code below.

The --foodir knobs are getting overridden by the lines those regexes
clear out.  Take a look at configure, and the explicit sysconfdir='/
etc' assignment happens after the conditional logic to set it via the
flags.

The default locations relative to --prefix are correct in the current
version of configure, so the explicit --foodir= flags are left out...
Once I can remove those two regexes the flags should be enough.

Thanks for the work, I know a little of how frustrating packaging a
release is...

Thanks,
Eric

--Apple-Mail-22--25520667