[Box Backup] Announcing 0.11 Release Candidate 2

Eric Cronin boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Jan 29 17:04:15 GMT 2008

--Apple-Mail-24--19244139

>> The default locations relative to --prefix are correct in the current
>> version of configure, so the explicit --foodir= flags are left
>> out...  Once
>> I can remove those two regexes the flags should be enough.
>
> It'd be nice to have it default to /usr/local, but with an
> already-established userbase it violates the POLA principle to change
> it.

Sorry if I'm being confusing...  I'm not asking or suggesting the
defaults be changed, just pointing out when things can't be overriden
without resorting to more fragile patches to individual files.  0.11
is already leaps and bounds ahead of 0.10 in this regard.  Because
MacPorts installs things in places pretty much guaranteed not to be
the defaults (all under /opt/local) its much easier to catch hardcoded
paths that may linger.

My goal is just to be able to do everything via environment variables
(e.g. CFLAGS) and flags to configure in the final 0.11 release.

Thanks,
Eric

--Apple-Mail-24--19244139
	name=PGP.sig