[Box Backup] Resume Big Files

Chris Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Jul 29 21:24:54 BST 2008

Hi Torsten,

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008, Torsten wrote:

> again this is my problem. In Germany sometimes the DSL provider kills
> the connection every 24 hours.
>
> Before i try to understand the source code. Is it possible to implement
> this function with box backup?

Unfortunately there is no support for resuming interrupted uploads at the
moment. It would be possible to implement, but not trivial. The simplest
thing would be for you to find another DSL provider who doesn't do such
nasty things to you :)

I've put some design notes up at
https://www.boxbackup.org/trac/wiki/020Redesign#ResumingUploads for anyone
who's interested in looking at implementing this.

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |