[Box Backup] Regex causes bbackupd to stop working

Tobias Roth boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Jun 20 21:35:09 BST 2008

On 06/20/08 22:13, Chris Wilson wrote:

> It should have logged the failed regular expression just before this, as
> well. Something like this:
>
>   ERROR: Invalid regular expression: *.core$
>
> Did it?

Nope. But then that might be because I'm only using 0.10! I'll fix that
as soon as possible. I'll see if I can help the maintainer to update it
as soon as possible. No idea why didn't notice that before.

>> In any case, a line number in the above error message would be nice :-)
>
> Unfortunately that would take quite a bit of work. Isn't the error
> message giving the failed regexp enough to find it in the config file?

Of course mentioning the regexp is good enough.

Thanks again, and I'll see that I update to the latest version before
whining here again. I'm really sorry about that.

Regards,
Tobias