[Box Backup] Removing backup locations from the store

Chris Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Mar 12 19:53:25 GMT 2008

Hi Jody,

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008, Jody Belka wrote:

> I've got a backup location that I want to remove completely from the
> store. For the moment I've added Exclude entries into the config so that
> nothing is visible within the location, but how would I go about
> removing it completely?

Just remove the definition from your bbackupd.conf file and restart
bbackupd. It will be deleted after bbackupd has been running for about 48
hours.

> Oh, and I'm running build 1857 on windows, connecting to 0.11rc1 on
> linux. All seems to be working nicely so far, except for Boxi (0.0.7),
> which has problems talking to the server, giving a "Conection
> Protocol_HandshakeFailed" error. On the server side, that matches up
> with a ConnectionException(Conn_Protocol_HandshakeFailed) at
> Protocol.cpp(195).

Sorry, Boxi is probably not compatible with 0.10+ servers as it's based on
0.09 code. I'm afraid it's quite badly out of date. I am trying to find
time to get it up to date but it's been hard.