[Box Backup] Removing backup locations from the store

Peter Jalajas, GigaLock Backup Services boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Mar 12 20:06:12 GMT 2008

Hi Chris,

1) Does waiting 48 hours actually physically delete the files from the
server, or does it just mark them as deleted?  I thought files marked
as deleted just stay there until needed to make room under the soft
limit.

2) How _are_ the files deleted on the server anyway?  Is it a simple
rm, or is it a shred?  (Since we don't trust the server, maybe it
doesn't matter...)

3) Have you ever thought about making a java gui?  I played around
with the eclipse and netbeans IDEs a few weeks back, and they look
like they have a lot of potential, especially netbeans as I recall.

Thanks,
Pete

On 3/12/08, Chris Wilson <chris at qwirx.com> wrote:
> Hi Jody,
>
>  On Wed, 12 Mar 2008, Jody Belka wrote:
<snip>

>  Just remove the definition from your bbackupd.conf file and restart
>  bbackupd. It will be deleted after bbackupd has been running for about 48
>  hours.

<snip>