[Box Backup] Restoring a corrupted archive?

Stuart Hickinbottom boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Fri May 2 07:57:32 BST 2008

Yes - there are usually directories such as the following:

/etc/cron.daily
/etc/cron.weekly
/etc/cron.monthly

You can just drop executable scripts or binaries in there and they'll be
run with /approximately/ that frequency (no guarantees). Any output from
those scripts/binaries is emailed to a responsible adult on the system
(usually root).

This is the case on at least Red Hat Enterprise and Gentoo - I can't
readily check others.

Stuart