[Box Backup] Odd Box Issue

Chris Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed May 28 15:38:55 BST 2008

Hi Matt,

On Wed, 28 May 2008, Matt Brown wrote:

>> However I think another account is showing similar issues as I dont
>> appear to have a report from that server .... I will check it and get
>> back to you.
>
> Something I have noticed - I am unable to stop a backup once in progress
> in snapshot mode with the following...
>
> /usr/local/bin/bbackupctl terminate
>
> All I get back is ...
>
> bbackupctl terminate
> NOTICE: Using configuration file /etc/box/bbackupd.conf
>
> Is this expected behaviour  ?

Unfortunately so. There was some consensus when I proposed implementing it
that it was a bad idea to poll the command socket all the time. However
now that we have efficient timers it shouldn't be too hard to implement
regular polling.

I might need you to build the latest Box from source on client and server
to help debug this problem, would that be possible for you?