[Box Backup] notifyadmin in 0.11rc2 to chatty

Johann Glaser boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Thu May 29 08:51:49 BST 2008

Hi!

Am Mittwoch, den 28.05.2008, 15:52 +0200 schrieb Wolfgang Trexler:
> Chris Wilson schrieb:
> > Hi Wolfgang,
> >
> > On Wed, 28 May 2008, Wolfgang Trexler wrote:
> >
> >> I just installed 0.11rc2 and was wondering why the event
> >>
> >> backup-start and backup-finish
> >>
> >> where not handled separately in notifyadmin
> >
> > Did you upgrade or install fresh?

We experience the same problem where we upgraded from 0.10 to 0.11. The
usual Debian way is to supply the config files with the .deb package,
but marked as config files. Therefore the installer will only overwrite
old config files, if the user has not changed them. If there are changes
the use is prompted whether he wants the new file or keep his.

Probably we should report this issue to the Debian package maintainer.

Bye
  Hansi