[Box Backup] Windows Boxbackup path configuration and eventlogs

Brendon Baumgartner boxbackup at boxbackup.org
Tue Nov 4 23:16:20 GMT 2008

Thanks... I'm getting further. Looking much better :)

> > 1. When a file open error occurs, there are 3 separate event log
> > entries. Could this be reduced to 1?
>=20
> That depends, what are they?

They are below (from the logfile, but the event log looks the same):

14:44:52 [WARNING] Failed to open file: C:\Documents and
Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG: Resource device (16)
14:44:52 [WARNING] Exception thrown: CommonException(OSFileOpenError) at
FileStream.cpp(117)
14:44:52 [ERROR]   Failed to upload file: C:\Documents and
Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG: caught exception: Common
OSFileOpenError (Can't open a file -- attempted to load a non-existant
config file or bad file referenced within?) (1/2)=20

It appears the solution for this is the verbosity in logging?

One other thing, does StoreObjectInfoFile work on the Windows agent? The
state file never gets created and I have the errors below. Does it take
a few days for the state file to be created?

WARNING: Failed to open file: C:\Program
Files\BoxBackup\bbackupd\bbackupd.state: Invalid argument (22)
WARNING: Exception thrown: CommonException(OSFileOpenError) at
FileStream.cpp(117)
ERROR:   Internal error reading store object info file: C:\Program
Files\BoxBackup\bbackupd\bbackupd.state: Common OSFileOpenError (Can't
open a file -- attempted to load a non-existant config file or bad file
referenced within?)
WARNING: Store object info file is missing, not accessible, or
inconsistent. Will re-cache from store. (C:\Program
Files\BoxBackup\bbackupd\bbackupd.state)

My scratchpad of notes/errors: http://pastebin.com/m260cfc0d

-BB