[Box Backup] Eventlog full with warnings

Chris Wilson boxbackup at boxbackup.org
Sat Nov 8 20:38:18 GMT 2008

Hi Roy,

On Sat, 8 Nov 2008, Roy wrote:

> > > First I got an error about the notify script on windows. There is an
> > > error in it. I replaced the section with the error with that same
> > > section from an older script.
> >
> > Please could you let me know what exactly you changed, and to what, as
> > I'm not aware of this error?
> The latter section I had in my older notify script. I couldn't locate the
> fault in the one supplied, but I'm not familiar with the language of these
> scripts.

If you have a chance, could you try changing it back to the original text
and report the error message and line number that Windows reports on the
script? Thanks!

> > > But now it is running I got numerous warnings, like this one:
> > > WARNING: Found conflicting parent ID for file ID 2002
> > > ($PATH$\$FILENAME$): expected 118406 ($PATH$) but found 11495 (same
> > > directory used in two different locations?)
> > >
> > > $PATH$ is an existing path on my windows workstation, and $FILENAME$
> > > also exists. Second $PATH$ is the same as the first.
> > >
> > > This directory is not used in any other location, so I don't
> > > understand this error. And more importantly, what can I do to solve
> > > this? Or is this not necessary (but then I always would have
> > > numerous warnings in my eventlog)?
>
> Everytime it runs, I got these errors. So it thinks the file is moved
> everytime?

Yes, exactly. The reason is probably that two different locations have the
same file ID. I guess you're not using NTFS junction points, are you?
Please could you tell me what "dir c:\" and "dir d:\" report as the Volume
Serial Number for both volumes?

Also, please could you try running bbackupd with the following
configuration options:

  LogFile = c:\bbackupd.log
  LogFileLevel = debug

and send me the log file that it produces?

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | Stop nuclear war http://www.nuclearrisk.org |