[Box Backup] Which notifyScript is used?

Chris Wilson boxbackup at boxbackup.org
Wed Nov 19 23:10:50 GMT 2008

Hi Roy,

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008, Roy wrote:

> I had some troubles with the notify script that was in the latest
> Windows release. But that bug is solved by Chris now. However at the
> moment, I receive after every run 2 mails from Box Backup with an unknow
> error. The message in eventlog never showed that the notify script was
> started with an unknow parameter, only backup-start/-finish/-ok. The
> strange thing is that in the config file I have:
>
> NotifyScript = cscript "C:\Program Files\Box Backup\NotifySysAdmin.vbs"
>
> And I changed in that particular script the subjtmpl, but the mails remain the
> same. Also I commented out the part of the unknown error, but still I receive
> that kind of errors. I don't understand this, which script is executed? How
> can I check this? And does Box Backup cache this script somewhere?

Box Backup doesn't cache the script, but is this on Windows Vista? If so,
you may be editing a copy in the shadow directory in C:\Users\Your
User\Local\Virtual Store\Program Files\Box Backup without realising it.
The original copy would still be in C:\Program Files\Box Backup and
bbackupd would still be running that copy. The easiest solution is to
change your bbackupd.conf to point to the virtual store directory.

Otherwise, please let us know what version of Windows you are running and
please attach your current NotifySysAdmin.vbs and an example of the emails
that you receive from it.

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | Stop nuclear war http://www.nuclearrisk.org |