[Box Backup] Changes in bbackupd.conf ignored

Chris Wilson boxbackup at boxbackup.org
Mon Sep 15 10:12:22 BST 2008

Hi Gerhard,

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008, gerhard.oettl.ml at ogersoft.at wrote:

> After that change I restarted the boxbackup-client (bbackupd) and did a
> new:
>
> bbackupctl sync
>
> This was unbelievably fast and space efficient. It endet after 1 second with a
> successful message and does not need one MB space more on the server!

bbackupctl sync does not wait for the sync to finish, it returns as soon
as it's started. You want "sync-and-wait" for that. Or just check your
system logs to see when it says "finished scanning local files">

> So it looks like bbackupquery recognizes the changed bbackupd.conf, but
> bbackupctl does not.

bbackupd has to recognise it. Did you run bbackupctl reload to tell it to
reload the config file?

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |