[Box Backup] Compile Boxi from tarball or trunk?

Achim boxbackup at boxbackup.org
Thu Apr 2 10:51:27 BST 2009

Hello Chris:

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 16:40:36 +0200 (CEST), Chris Wilson <chris at qwirx.com>
wrote:
> That's because it's difficult and annoying to build boxi on windows, as I

> only have a windows virtual machine that's on my laptop and it's very
slow
> and short on disk space, so I very rarely do it. The last time I did it
> successfully was in 2006, as you can see.
>
> I have not yet been able to successfully cross-compile, although this is
> more promising route as it should be much faster.

OK, for me cross-compiling (as outlined in the other thread about Box
Backup) is also an option: I have no preference whatsoever.

> I'm not particularly interested in fixing the old versions, but will try
> to fix trunk.

Great!

> As above, it's very inconvenient and slow for me. If someone could give
me
> access to a decent Windows machine for use for working on this then that
> would help.

Do you mean remote access via VNC, SSH or rdesktop? I could probably
arrange for that. Would that also benefit the VSS development?

> [many suggestions of what to look for]

I will try your suggestions and report back to the list.

Best regards,

Achim