[Box Backup] Compile Boxi from tarball or trunk?

Achim boxbackup at boxbackup.org
Sun Apr 5 23:01:01 BST 2009

Hello Chris:

On 4/4/09 22:47, Achim wrote:
> Again, I have compiled this based on the previous instructions, no
> manual downloads have taken place of any kind with regard to xslt
> stylesheets.

While this is certainly correct, I was able to determine the following
behaviour (rather: network timeout) when compiling from trunk earlier
today in my Boxi tryouts:

make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/boxi/boxbackup/docs'
xsltproc -o man/bbstored.conf.5 docbook/bb-man.xsl docbook/bbstored.conf.xml
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/common/entities.ent:1: parser
error : internal error
HTTP/1.1 504 Gateway Time-out
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/common/entities.ent:1: parser
error : DOCTYPE improperly terminated
HTTP/1.1 504 Gateway Time-out
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/common/entities.ent:1: parser
error : Start tag expected, '<' not found
HTTP/1.1 504 Gateway Time-out
compilation error: file
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/docbook.xsl line
64 element include
xsl:include : unable to load
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/glossary.xsl
make[3]: *** [man/bbstored.conf.5.gz] Error 5
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/boxi/boxbackup/docs'
make[2]: *** [docs/man/bbstored.conf.5.gz] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/boxi/boxbackup'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/boxi'
make: *** [all] Error 2

So it appears that the default Cygwin xsltproc package does remote
downloads! Hope this helps you in finding out why your process does not
yield the same result.

Best regards, Achim