[Box Backup] Compile Boxi from tarball or trunk?

Chris Wilson boxbackup at boxbackup.org
Mon Apr 6 09:40:58 BST 2009

Hi Achim,

On Sun, 5 Apr 2009, Achim wrote:

> When using the Cygwin-provided CPPunit (as opposed to manually compiling
> from source and installing into /usr/local), once has to link
> /usr/include/cppunit/ to /usr/include/mingw/cppunit, otherwise the
> headers are not found:
>
> main.cc:42:47: cppunit/BriefTestProgressListener.h: No such file or
> directory
>
> Perhaps we could simply include /usr/include in the standard includes?

Only if we're going to suggest using the mingw cppunit instead of
compiling our own, and I haven't seen it or tested it yet. We can just
add -I/usr/include/mingw to CPPFLAGS during the configure step.

> One other minor thing is that one has to remember to run
> ./make-image-headers.pl after ./configure-mingw.sh, perhaps that could
> be integrated into the Makefile?

The makefile is generated by anjuta and automake, and I have no idea how
to add anything to it. Configure/autogen could do it, however.