[Box Backup] Performance with Box Backup Server

Torsten boxbackup at boxbackup.org
Thu Apr 16 12:49:30 BST 2009

Hi,

we have about 15 box backup clients connected to an dual core opteron with
1800 MHz. The box backup server runs inside an xen domU with 256 megabytes
ram assigned (Debian Etch).

There is a heavy overload (permanently between 2 and 4) in the xen domain and
also on the xen server dom0. This overload is not directly produced by box
backup but by massive I/O activities.

I have found this patch for box backup and it sounds good for me:

http://boxbackup.org/trac/ticket/45

Does anybody use this patch? Are there any problems with this?

Any other ideas?

Thank you
  Torsten