[Box Backup] boxi for windows

Achim boxbackup at boxbackup.org
Sun Aug 2 12:32:10 BST 2009

Hello Chris:

On Sun, 2 Aug 2009 12:12:36 +0100 (BST), Chris Wilson <chris at qwirx.com>
wrote:

>> I tried to be as precise as I can be, but let me try again:
>
> Sorry, I think you misunderstand me. I did not intend any offence.

No problem, no offense taken: I just don't know how to be any clearer (-:

> There
> are several Makefile.am, Makefile.in and Makefile files in Boxi, produced

> by a bastard mix of three different build systems (automake, bakefile and

> homebrew) and getting the three to work together is a complete utter
> nightmare. I really just wanted to know whether it was the root
> Makefile.in or one of the subdirectories that was missing.

The one in the root is indeed missing. It gets created if I remove the
following line in configure.in

222a232
> wxchart/Makefile

So perhaps the fact that wxchart is missing the Makefile breaks the
configure process, and therefore the root/Makefile.in does not get created?
Perhaps your root/Makefile.in is left over from an earlier configure/build
run?

> I'm trying a build now, and wxchart is missing Makefile.in, but the root
> directory is NOT. So I don't know what's different between your system
and
> mine.

Did you do a clean checkout? And root/Makefile.in gets created during
"./configure-mingw.sh"?

Thanks again, Achim