[Box Backup] bbackupquery.exe (R2549) has problems with non-ASCII directory names

Chris Wilson boxbackup at boxbackup.org
Tue Aug 4 23:34:39 BST 2009

--8323328-530100695-1249425279=:10269

Hi Achim,

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009, Achim wrote:

> [I did not find a way to open a new bug on
> <http://www.boxbackup.org/trac/report>, so I report to the mailing list]

You need an account to create bugs, as noted on the home page of the wiki.
I've created one for you and emailed you the details. If anyone else
wishes to file bugs against Box Backup (not Boxi) please send a request to
the mailing list and we'll create one for you.

> bbackupquery.exe (R2549) has problems with non-ASCII directory names when
> using several depths of directory at once:
>
> Case 1
> ======
> query > ls
> 0000006e -d---- @@@@@@
> query > cd ñññññññññññ
> ERROR:   Directory '' not found.
> query > cd @@@@@@
> query > ls
> query > cd ñ
> ERROR:   Directory '' not found.
> query > cd ç
> ERROR:   Directory '' not found.

I'm not sure what's going on with the character encodings here. Please
could you send a screenshot of what you see in the terminal? Also, please
could you try running bbackupquery with the "-u" option, and enabling a
unicode font in your console (such as Lucida Console) to render
international characters properly?

> Case 2
> ======
> Going straight to the directory fails:
>
> query > ls
> 00000002 -d---- BACKUPTEST
> query > cd BACKUPTEST\ççççççççç\ñññññññññññ\@@@@@@
> ERROR:   Directory 'BACKUPTEST\\\@@@@@@' not found.
> query > cd "BACKUPTEST\ççççççççç\ñññññññññññ\@@@@@@"
> ERROR:   Directory 'BACKUPTEST\\\@@@@@@' not found.

You need to use forward slashes, not backslashes, to separate directories
in remote paths. Does that work for you?

--8323328-530100695-1249425279=:10269--