[Box Backup] New Boxi Win32 binary available

Chris Wilson boxbackup at boxbackup.org
Wed Aug 5 00:28:32 BST 2009

Hi Roy,

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009, Roy wrote:

>> >  Another problem is with compare, and then only one location. On my
>> >  PC it then still compares everything. I also don't see an option to
>> >  do a quick of thorough compare. It looks like a thorough compare,
>> >  because of the traffic it generates.
>
> I did a complete compare (because of this bug). And got a lot of errors.
> But all of them are: Local file xxx has different attributes to store
> file yyy. Is that a problem? Or is this a problem in the way that file
> attributes work under Windows?

There should not be any attribute compare errors even under Windows. This
sounds like a bug to me. Could you try a compare with bbackupquery to see
if it reports the same errors? Can you provide any more details about
which files fail the compare, and what bbackupquery shows their attributes
on the server to be, compared with their attributes on your filesystem?