[Box Backup] bbackupquery.exe (R2549) has problems with non-ASCII directory names

Achim boxbackup at boxbackup.org
Wed Aug 5 23:04:48 BST 2009

Hello Chris:

On 05/08/2009 20:52, Chris Wilson wrote:
>> How can the "-u" fix instances that are launched later without that
>> switch?
>
> This may be related to you changing your console font to one that
> supports Unicode, rather than the "-u" switch.

The log I sent you was from one continuous CMD.exe session: no changes
were made, and the font is Lucida Console.

Just for clarification: the folder really doesn't exist, but that should
keep the error message from showing the name of the non-existing folder
correctly.

Try it out for yourself on the lastet build 2549 [1], simply copy and
paste the following session:

bbackupquery.exe
query > cd ñññññ
ERROR:   Directory '' not found.
query > quit

bbackupquery.exe -u
query > cd ñññññ
ERROR:   Directory 'ñññññ' not found.
query > quit

bbackupquery.exe
query > cd ñññññ
ERROR:   Directory 'ñññññ' not found.

[1] bbackupquery 2549 is part of the package available for download here
<http://cuba-project.org/EXPERIMENTAL_Boxi_builds>
<http://cuba-project.org/downloads/boxi/latest.zip>