[Box Backup] setting up the server and client

scartomail boxbackup at boxbackup.org
Mon Aug 10 12:54:11 BST 2009

Hi Achim

You wrote:
If you generate the private key on the server, the admins can
always keep a copy and unencrypt your store.

Got it! That is a vallid reason.
But the fact that all the files could be created on the server is nice to.
If you store your data somewhere I think trusting someone is not always the problem, the technical knowledge to produce the files is more of a problem.

But if you have a windows client it is a bit hard to produce those files.
The client GUI Boxi does require those files to opperate.
In this case the files must be created on the server.
Is this assumtion correct?

Rgds Edo