[Box Backup] Re: HOWTO Compile Boxi from source under OS X Leopard

Achim boxbackup at boxbackup.org
Tue Aug 11 01:02:44 BST 2009

Hello list:

Last service announcement!

 From now on, I will publish changes only on the Wiki/my own page, as
requested by Chris out of respect for the Box Backup users that do not
want to hear about Boxi. Perhaps it would make sense to have a separate
Boxi mailing list, as I believe that interaction via a list will result
in better and faster feedback than a dynamic yet static Wiki.

Anyway, on topic: I am pleased to announce that Boxi is finally working
on OS X: I have invested quite some time into investigating what was
missing, and I came up with some reasonable answers. Details are
available here [1], including the resulting DMG for Boxi R657 with a
pre-compiled binary (Intel-only, sorry).

Boxi now runs perfectly under OS X, apart from stability and non-ASCII
character issues that are detailed on the page. I will file a separate
bug for those issues on the tracker.

Cheers, Achim

[1] <http://cuba-project.org/HOWTO_Compile_Boxi_from_source_OSX>