[Box Backup] OpenSSL 1.0.0 and PCRE 7.9

Achim boxbackup at boxbackup.org
Sat Aug 29 22:42:25 BST 2009

Hello Edo:

On 28/08/2009 15:38, scartomail wrote:
> Yes I did, but they are much bigger than the ones you have in your latest boxi builds:
> http://cuba-project.org/EXPERIMENTAL_Boxi_builds
>
> bbackupd.ex for instance is 2.6mb and in your zip the same file is 0.5mb
> Is this because of the extra code that came with the latest trunk version?

I use the strip command ("strip programname.exe" under cygwin) to remove
all the debugging symbols, and then run the UPX packer [1] on every
bynary (including DLLs) to obtain smaller files.

Please be aware that binaries created that way may make it harder for
people on this list to help you later on, as you might be missing out
some debugging symbols they might require.

Best regards, Achim

[1] <http://upx.sourceforge.net/>