[Box Backup] notifyadmin.*

scartomail boxbackup at boxbackup.org
Mon Aug 31 19:14:55 BST 2009

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the explanation, that was vey helpfull.

You wrote:
What you might be able to do, depending on your mail server, is to use your=
 Box Backup client certificate as authentication to connect to the mail ser=
ver, as well as the BB server.

What kind of mailserver do you mean.
Are there any particular mailprograms on linux(server side) who can do that=
?

I gues for now the most information on the server side will be in the loggi=
ng.=20
Is it possible for the BB-client to have any information put into the log o=
f the BB-server?
Than a script could collect data from it and send mails(or one) from a sing=
le point.
Or posibly get it on a website that shows the status of each client.
I don't think that is giving away anything about the data that is being bac=
ked up and would be an nice feature on controling the backup status.

Well maybe something for the "wishlist" :-)

Anyway thanks again for all the information!

Rgds Edo