[Box Backup] man pages

sm8ps-boxbackup1 at yahoo.com sm8ps-boxbackup1 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 9 07:40:10 GMT 2009

Hello BoxBackup list!

Sorry if this is a FAQ but I have not found any reference by either googling or searching the boxbackup.org homepage.

My problem is that on my Ubuntu 9.10 client, the man pages of all commands
(bbackupctl       bbackupd         bbackupd.conf    bbackupd-config  bbackupquery)
are mal-formatted. They show .SH, .PP, .RE "tags" and the line indentation runs out towards the right which makes the pages unreadable. The client runs the 0.11-rc3 version from the Ubuntu repositories.

On the backup server which runs under Ubuntu 8.04 LTS, the man pages of bbstoreaccounts & bbstored do format well however. I was unable to determine the version used but the man pages are dated Apr  15, 2007.

I would be glad if somebody could point out a solution to this issue since I tend to use the man pages quite a lot, especially when it comes to (testing) bbackupquery. :) Other than that I would like to express my sincere gratitude towards the developers. The software simply is awesome and provides me much relieve from worrying about loosing data.

Cheers!
Stefan Mueller, Switzerland