[Box Backup] Error: Found conflicting parent ID for file ID

Torsten boxbackup at boxbackup.org
Thu Feb 12 23:03:25 GMT 2009

Hi Chris,

Am Thursday 12 February 2009 23:33:06 schrieb Chris Wilson:
> Hi Torsten,
>
> On Thu, 12 Feb 2009, Torsten wrote:
> >> 11:56:53 [WARNING] Found conflicting parent ID for file ID
> >> 18446744073709541437 (D:\apps\APPS\MP5120A\GOLD\TChinese\setup.inx):
> >> expected 39319 (D:\apps\APPS\MP5120A\GOLD\TChinese) but found 204676
> >> (same directory used in two different locations?)
> >
> > After an upgrade from box 0.10 to svn version i got this error for some
> > files. Anybody an idea what the problem could be? Ist that a fatal
> > error?
>
> Is this on a Windows client?
>
> It's not fatal for the backup but it may mean that both files mentioned
> are corrupted in the repository as they have been confused for each other.
> I think it's a bug that's been in the Windows client for a long time. As
> far as I know it shouldn't affect any other platform. Unfortunately the
> fix has broken my unit tests and I haven't had time to fix them yet so I
> haven't officially released another client, but you could try the
> temporary fix that I wrote for Roy:
>
> http://www.boxbackup.org/releases/temporary/boxbackup-trunk_2395M-backup-cl
>ient-mingw32.zip
>
> Cheers, Chris.

sorry for the bad news, but both platforms are linux Debian Etch systems.

I ran an bbstoreaccounts check on this account and i got about 300 times this
error message.

WARNING: File ID 0xa6190 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x6ee7e has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xac2f5 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xaf2fd has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xaf757 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xaf758 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x96261 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0x91a27 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xb085f has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xb0860 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xb0861 has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xb5d5b has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xc938c has different container ID, probably moved
WARNING: File ID 0xc938d has different container ID, probably moved

Any ideas?

thanks
  torsten